AAhhh...! If I had to pick, it would have to be my permanent markers, I guess. Either that or my opaque watercolors. I have recently become very attached to them for journaling. They are great for backgrounds!

Views: 269

Replies to This Discussion

my number one go to in any of my art journals is GESSO. It creates texture when used with stencils/templates, it can be manipulated right on a page and it is a prefect surface for acrylic paint and so much more.

I agree with you Deb- Gesso is a m ust have, as is gel medium. I buy both in bulk.  For color, Twinkling H2O's and Inktense products!

Pritt Stick, tube of glue and superglue for those awkward refuse to stick with anything else bits, lol

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Thaneeya McArdle created this art community as an interactive extension of her art education site, Art-is-fun.com.

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Anton Abela

Pat

Follow Us!

Follow Art-is-Fun.com on Twitter for art news, ideas and inspiration!

Support this Site

www.dickblick.com

If you make a purchase from Blick Art Materials (above) or Amazon.com (below) after clicking one of these links, Art-is-fun.com will receive a small percentage of the sale.

Your support is much appreciated!

www.dickblick.com

Learn how to Draw Groovy with Thaneeya's new book, which is published by F+W Media!

Sales of Thaneeya's book will help fund the costs of running this site.

Your support is much appreciated!

Art Supply Spotlight

We use this space to spotlight a cool art supply you may not have heard of, changing the featured items every few days. Enjoy!

Members

© 2014   Created by Thaneeya LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service